Wednesday 9 April 2008

Introduction to the wonderful world of me!

Seeing as this is my very first post, I thought that I ought to introduce myself, otherwise no one will have a clue what I'm talking about!

My name is Sophie Cassidy, and I am 32. I have been married to Ben Cassidy since I was 23, and we are very happy. We have five children (Yes, you read that right, five). Our eldest two are twins Oliver & Nicholas, Ollie & Nick normally, and they are 7 years old. Next we have four year old Ophelia, then fourteen-month-old Angelina & Jacob (Yes, our second set of twins. None of us can believe it either) - Angel & Jake.

The whole reason I decided to start this blog was because a couple of weeks ago, I finally took the plunge, and made the decision that I would pull Ollie, Nick & Ophelia out of their private school, and teach them myself at home.

I did this for a number of reasons. Firstly, school fees are exorbitant, and with all the bills for our new house (I forgot to mention that didn't I? Oh well, I'll explain later), it's getting a little much. Also, they are all very bright, and I'd love to be able to accelerate their work, and allow them to work at their own pace, rather than at the speed of the slowest in their class. Plus, not to be forgotten, there is the fact that I don't really like carting them off to school with an awful pupil-teacher ratio everyday - that can't be good for their development! Also, I miss them when they are at school! I want my babies back!

Now onto the new house a mentioned a paragraph or two ago. We were having a new house built for us, and now it's ready to move into! Our move is scheduled for 11th April - very very soon, and we are going to start homeschooling as soon as we've settled in enough. None of us can wait!

Ah yes, my job. I graduated from University as a teacher, and taught primary-school children until I found myself pregnant with Ollie & Nick. Once they were born, I didn't even think of going back for a few years - people don't exaggerate when they say twins are tiring! And then more things came along - namely Ophelia, then Angel and Jake, and I never really got round to going back to work, instead fitting nicely into the SAHM mould. However, my dream job has always been to be an writer of children's books. So, in my free time, I cram as much writing in as I can, and the kids love their stories. Ben keeps nagging me to send them to a publisher, but I'm happy as I am for the moment.

So, that's my life in a nutshell. Not a particularly large or interesting nutshell at the moment, but hopefully it'll blossom into a wonderfully happy nutshell once I start teaching my children - should be rewarding!

Sophie

No comments: