Monday 14 April 2008

My death from tiredness

Well. I've had a busy last few days, that I can tell you. I'm sorry I haven't made any posts for a while, but I've been a little busy.

So, On the 11th, early in the morning, I shipped all the kids off to their grandparents for a sleepover. I've got to say - I'm glad I did! It was a busy day with all the furniture and all our belongings being carted to the new house, and most dumped in the wrong rooms. As I predicted, I couldn't find anything, so Ben and I ended up sleeping on the floor. We'd ordered tonnes of new furniture (Our new house is significantly bigger than our old one, so our old furniture went nowhere towards filling it.) but we got a call on my mobile saying there'd been a hold up and they'd deliver it tomorrow. Great.

On the 12th the kids came back at noon. We spent our last few hours before they arrived moving the furniture to the right rooms. They were really excited, and spent the rest of the day running around like maniacs. That really helped the "sorting the house out" process.

13th: I died from tiredness.

14th: I'm still dying from tiredness, but the house is a little neater, and although I hesitate to say it, I think we're almost there. The kids rooms, the bathrooms, the kitchen and two of the reception rooms are sorted. Only our bedroom, the spare bedroom, the games room, the schoolroom, the dining room, my study, the computer room, the TV room, the music room, the library and probably more which I'm blanking out. Well. I guess we're halfway there, which is much better than Friday. *Sigh*.

Hopefully I'll be on again soon, but for now I've got to say goodnight to Ophelia. She should had lights out quarter of an hour ago!

No comments: